Sources that Inspire this presentation
Blackwell, A. F., Wilson, L., Street, A., Boulton, C., & Knell, J. (2009). Radical innovation: Crossing knowledge boundaries with interdisciplinary teams. University of Cambridge/NESTA Report. Cambridge, UK: University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory. See Retrieved from Google Scholar.
Buckler, J. (NA). Toward a new model of general education at Harvard College
Springer, M. (2006). Soundings: A democratic student-centered education. Ohio: National Middle School Association.
Beane, J. (1997) ‘Curriculum Integration: Designing the Core of Democratic Education. New York: Teachers’ College Press.
Clark (1996) Interdisciplinary High School Teaching: Strategies for Integrated Learning
The Network for Transdisciplinary Research
ILC – Interdisciplinary Learning Collaborative [Video below]
Klein and Newell (2002) Strategies for Using Interdisciplinary Resources Across K-16. Issues in Integrative Studies. Oxford Ohio: Miami University1
1 Sources from Klein (2002)
- Beane, J. 1993. A Middle School Curriculum: From Rhetoric to Reality (2nd ed.). Columbus, OH: National Middle School Association.Burns, R.C. 1995. Dissolving the Boundaries: Planning for Curriculum Integration in Middle and Secondary Schools. Charleston, WV: Appalachia
- Educational Laboratory. Accompanying Facilitator’s Guide co-written with Beth D. Sattes.Clark, Jr., E.T. 2002. Designing and Implementing anIntegrated Curriculum: A Student-Centered Approach (4th Printing). Brandon, VT: Holistic Education Press.
- Clarke, J., & Agne, R. (Eds.). 1997.Interdisciplinary High School Teaching: Strategies for Integrated Learning. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Ellis, A., & Stuen, C. 1998. The Interdisciplinary Curriculum. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education.
- Fogarty, R. 1993. Integrating the Curricula: A Collection. Palatine, IL: IRI/ Skylight Publishing.
- Integrated Curriculum. 1995. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. A resource packet.
- Interdisciplinary/Integrated Curriculum. n.d. ERS Info-File #128. Arling- ton, VA: Educational Research Services.
- Jacobs, H.H. (Ed.). 1989. Interdisciplinary Curriculum: Design and Imple- mentation. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Vars, G.F. 1993. Interdisciplinary Teaching: Why and How (Rev. ed.). Westerville, OH: National Middle School Association.
- Winebrug, S., & Grossman P. (Eds.). 2000. Interdisciplinary Curriculum: Challenges to Implementation. New York: Teachers’ College Press.